Word, Excel, or PowerPoint for Android Tablets
How to use Word, Excel, or PowerPoint for Android tablets? Of course, there is not a version of Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint that you can install on a tablet PC. There are a couple of options here. If you only want to be able to open Word, Excel, or PowerPoint files on your Android tablet PC, then you can download the free version of “Documents to Go” from either the Android Market, or Amazon AppStore.
The free version allows you to open Word, Excel, or PowerPoint for Android created on another device, or emailed to you, so you can view them. You cannot make any changes or create new files with the free version. The free version has the following features:
- Carry and access all your important Microsoft documents everywhere
- Review file properties with one click
- Scroll pages from left to right and top to bottom with the swipe of your finger
- Star documents for quick viewing later
- Remove stars or delete files
The full version of “Documents to Go” has all the features of the free version plus the following features:
- View, edit, and create Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point documents
- Download, view, and edit your files from your Google Docs account
- Sync with your desktop using your device’s USB cable
- Enjoy comprehensive formatting features for Word, Excel, and Power Point, as well as high fidelity viewing of PDFs
- Access support for attachments, password-protected files, built-in file browser, memory card support, and Live folder for recently used documents
To get the full version, first download and install the free version from here: Documents To Go 3.0 Main App
Then purchase the Key for the full version from here: Documents To Go Full Version Key
And then, add the Key to the installed Main App to change it to the full version.
A new cloud option is now available, which requires internet access to use. If you are able to be connected to the internet, a new app called OnLive Desktop will allow you to open a virtual Windows 7 desktop session via their cloud service. The app will display a Windows 7 screen with icons to open Word, Excel, Powerpoint, IE 10, Flash, and Adobe Reader.
The OnLive service also is a cloud storage service, and all files are stored on the cloud. Which is nice since you can access the cloud from your tablet, PC, phone, or any other device with internet access. An easy way to keep your files in sync between all devices – if you have access to the internet from all devices.
Download OnLive Desktop from the Android Market here: OnLive Desktop
© 2011 – 2014, Android Tablet PC Support. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are hereby recognized