Backup your Personal Data
Nobody needs to convince anyone of the value of backing up your data. Whether the device is a PC, phone, or a tablet PC, if you originate any data, it needs to be backed up to an external source.
Personally, I keep three copies on three different locations of all the important data, such as financial records, legal stuff, tax stuff, etc. But backing up a PC is easy since we’ve been doing it for so many years. So, how do you back up the data on an Android tablet PC?
It is just as easy, and there are a couple of methods:
First method, Copy all your files to a PC:
- On your PC that you will backup the data to, create a folder, giving it any name, such as “Tablet”.
- Using the USB cable that came with your tablet, connect your tablet PC to a PC.
- After connecting, you may get an AutoPlay popup asking you what you want to do, if so, click on “Open device to view files”. If you do not get the popup, then go to “Start” and double click on “Computer”, look for your device name in the left column and double click on it.
- After opening the device, you should see an icon for Internal Storage something like this:
- Select all the folders and files under Internal Storage, Right Click on them, then select “Copy”.
- Go to the “Tablet” folder you created on the PC, Right Click on the folder icon and select “Paste”.
- Once all the files have copied over, you’re done.
Second method, Backup your data to a Google Server:
You can set up your Android tablet PC to back up application data, Wi-Fi passwords and other settings to Google servers.
After the backup, you can choose the Automatic Restore setting to automatically restore these settings when you log back in to your device.
Instructions for backing up to Google
- Go to Settings, then Touch Privacy.
- Touch the checkbox next to Back up my data to enable the the backup process.
- Touch the checkbox next to Automatic Restore.
Note: Applications not downloaded from the Android Market will need to be reinstalled manually.
I recommend that you use both methods to assure you have a good backup.
© 2012, Android Tablet PC Support. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are hereby recognized