Clear Cache, History, and Cookies on Android tablets?
Over time, as you use your browser, your Android tablet will accumulate temporary data that may slow down the tablet. When you access various websites, the browser automatically keeps history of the websites you visit. Many websites will drop cookies into your tablet to use the next time you visit the website. These cookies contain tracking information, login data, or information about what you looked at the last time you visited the website.
Your browser will also store website data in cache for frequently visited websites to minimize how much data needs to be downloaded the next time you visit the website.
It is important, for security purposes, and to keep you tablet from slowing down, to clear cache, history, and cookies on a regular basis. The procedure to clear cache, history, and cookies varies depending on which browser you are using.
If you are using the Browser app to access the internet, use this procedure to clear cache, history, and cookies:
- Open Browser
- Touch the menu button in the upper right corner
- Touch Settings
- Touch Privacy and Security
- To clear cache, Touch Clear cache, then Touch OK on the Clear Cache pop-up
- To clear history, Touch Clear history, then Touch OK on the Clear History pop-up
- To clear cookies, under the Cookies heading, Touch Clear all cookie data, then Touch OK on the Delete all Cookies pop-up
If you are using Chrome (Android 4.x + only), then use this procedure:
- Open Chrome
- Touch the menu button on the upper right corner
- Touch Settings
- Touch Advanced
- Touch Privacy
- Touch Clear Browsing History in the upper right corner
- Touch the check box next the the data you want to clear, then Touch Clear
© 2014, Android Tablet PC Support. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are hereby recognized