collapse collapse

Ads

Google Ads

Most Recent Posts

Friends

Author Topic: How to Upgrade from Android 3.0 to 3.1 to 3.2?  (Read 7362 times)

Tablet PC Pro

• Administrator
    • Tablet PC Devices
How to Upgrade from Android 3.0 to 3.1 to 3.2?
« on: December 06, 2011, 09:09:24 PM »
All the Android operating system upgrades are managed and initiated by the manufacturer of your tablet PC.  Although Google creates the operating system and upgrades, each manufacturer needs to apply any additional tweaks that they use, then completely test the upgrade on their own devices before it is released to the public users.

Motorola has some type of an agreement with Google that allows them to not only be the first tablet to use Android 3.0, but they are also first in line to receive all the upgrades.  I have a Motorola Xoom (which I love) and I was upgraded automatically to 3.1 a couple of months ago, and on August 5th, 2011 I received the 3.2 upgrade.  Both upgrades installed automatically and painlessly and only required a restart to apply.

It was also interesting that after the 3.2 upgrade, I received many automatic updates from the various apps that I use.  It seemed like they had newer versions ready and waiting for 3.2 to be installed.

The Android 3.2.1 upgrade became available to Wi-Fi only tablets on or about September 20, 2011.  Motorola and ASUS tablet received the first round of these upgrades.  The tablets with Wi-Fi and 3G began to receive this upgrade in November.  Those who own a Motorola Xoom and sent it in for the 4G update, also received the 3.2.1 upgrade installed by Motorola Service.

So, there is nothing you can do to initiate an upgrade.  However, all upgrades are done over the air, so it is important that you frequently make a connection and keep logged in to the Android Market so when it is time to receive an upgrade, your tablet will be seen and receive the upgrade.  You should also frequently check the My Apps section of the Android Market to see if an upgrade it sitting there waiting.

If you believe you were missed and didn't receive an upgrade, contact the manufacturer of your tablet directly.
Tablet PC Pro

Google Ads

Top 10 Topics