collapse collapse

Ads

Google Ads

Most Recent Posts

Friends

Author Topic: What size external storage devices will my Android tablet read?  (Read 3241 times)

Tablet PC Pro

• Administrator
    • Tablet PC Devices
What size external storage devices will my Android tablet read?

The answer to this will vary from tablet to tablet.  So my response is a generic response which is true for most Android tablets.  Some tablets will not support any external storage devices.

An Android tablet is able to read external storage devices formatted for FAT16 or FAT32 file systems with a single partition. With the Android 3.2 update your Android tablet is now able to see USB storage format NTFS. External storage device size limitations will be based on the limitations of these file systems.

There maybe some apps that enable NTFS for Android versions older than 3.2.

Update:  With the release of Android 4.0 and 4.4, many more Android devices can use external storage devices in the form of USB flash drives, and memory cards.  If your tablet has a USB "Hosted" port, then you can use additional external flash type memory devices. 

You may have to get an adapter from the micro USB port on the tablet to the standard USB port in order to connect these memory devices.

Most tablets can only see one external storage device.  So if you have an SD memory card inserted, you should remove the SD card in order to see any USB connected external storage device.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 03:39:06 AM by Tablet PC Pro »
Tablet PC Pro

Google Ads

Top 10 Topics