collapse collapse

Ads

Google Ads

Most Recent Posts

Friends

Author Topic: How do I shut down apps in the background on Android tablet?  (Read 5927 times)

Tablet PC Pro

• Administrator
    • Tablet PC Devices
How do I shut down apps in the background on Android tablet?
« on: August 01, 2012, 08:34:44 PM »
How do I shut down apps running in the background on Android tablet

Since your Android tablet can run multiple apps at the same time (multi-tasking), you can end up with several apps running in the background.  If you get too many, it can slow down the performance of the tablet.  So, how can you close or shut down an app running in background?

This method varies based on operating system.

For Android tablets using a version of Android prior to 4.0, you can either go to Settings and close the app, or download an App to manage them.  Of the many apps available on Google Play, I like the Advance Task Manager app.  Here are the steps to end a running app using Settings:
  • Open Settings
  • Under Device, Touch Apps
  • Touch the Running tab
  • Long Touch the app you want to close, then Touch Stop

For tablets using Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), the procedure is much easier:
  • Touch the Recent Apps icon in the lower-left corner of the screen.  This is the icon third in from the left which looks like overlapping double squares.
  • From the Recent Apps list, you can swipe your finger (left to right) over the app or apps you wish to end.
  • You can also Long Touch your finger on the app, then Touch Remove from list.
  • To exit from the Recent Apps list, Touch the down arrow in the lower-left corner or Touch your screen outside of the apps list.
Tablet PC Pro

Google Ads

Top 10 Topics