How to update apps on Android phones and tablets?
How to update apps on Android phones or tablets? Most, if not all, Android apps receive updates periodically to fix bugs, improve performance, improve compatibility for new OS versions, add enhancements, etc.
If you want to be sure you are getting the latest updates for your apps, you need to know how to update apps on an Android phone or tablet. Here is the procedure to assure your apps are always current:
- You will need an internet connection to proceed.
- Open the Google Playstore app
- On the Google Play Menu, touch My Apps – this will show you all the apps you have downloaded from Google Play
- Any apps that have an update waiting will have the label Update next to it
- Touch the app you want to update, accept the permissions, and the update process will begin automatically.
- On the Google Playstore menu, there is an Update All button you can touch that will perform updates for all apps waiting for an update.
If you want to assure that all apps are being updated automatically, touch the Auto-Update check box for each app and Google Play will automatically perform any updates when you are connected to the internet.