How to Upgrade to Android 4.2 or 4.3 on your Android phone or tablet
If your device is slated for an upgrade to 4.2 or 4.3, and you have not received it yet, here is how you can manually pull down the upgrade via OTA.
If you have a different Android version and you want to check to see if an upgrade is available, check out this post —> Update Android Phones or Tablets.
Please note that this process only works if your device is NOT rooted.
How to upgrade? First, you need to clear the upgrade data in your tablet:
- Go to Settings, Apps, swipe to the All Apps tab
- Scroll down to the Google Services Framework app, then touch it to open the app settings
- Next, touch the Force Stop button, then the Clear Data button
- Now, restart the device
- After the tablet has restarted, go to Settings, About Tablet, then touch Systems Updates
- Touch Refresh
- If your device is slated for the update, and it is on the server you are connected to, the update will automatically begin
If the response says that your device is already running the latest versions, then wait a few days and try this process again.