What does ‘Cast” do? When you Cast from Android phone or tablet, you are sending the screen image to another device, usually a TV. Many new TV models have the ability to receive a Cast image from another device and display it on the TV. You may need to open the Settings on the TV to turn on the function to receive a Cast image.
Do you want to see what is on your Android phone or tablet on your TV? Fortunately, Android devices make it easy to do a cast from Android.
If your TV doesn’t have the ability to Cast built-in, then you can purchase a Chromecast device and plug it into the HDMI port on the TV.
- After you have installed the Chromecast on your TV, be sure the USB power supply is plugged in.
- Next, download Google Home App from Google Play to your Android phone or tablet.
- Open the Google Home App and select the Nearby device you want to cast to (Chromecast or your TV)
- Chromecast also uses your WiFi network, so select which network you want to use. You should have your Android device and Chromecast connected to the same network.
- Not all Android apps will support Casting the image, so don’t be surprised if you open an app and it doesn’t show up on your TV.
Setup a wireless connection between your Android device and your TV using WiFi “Wireless Connection between Android and TV“.