Manage app permissions on your Android phone or tablet. You may want to audit the permissions you have given away to various Android apps and make changes. It is even better to check the permissions required on an app before downloading and installing it. We will tell you how to do both of these procedures.
You can manage app permissions when downloading and installing a new app to your Android phone or tablet, most apps will ask for permissions to access various data on your Android device. Here is how to check to see what permissions the app requires before you download it:
When you are displaying the app in Google Play, touch the “About This App” link to see more information.
Scroll down to the end of the description, look for App Permissions and touch on “See More”.
Now you can see what permissions this app will require.
Manage App Permissions
Some permissions you cannot change and you have to either live with it or uninstall the app. If you want to revoke permissions on an app that is already downloaded, do the following:
- Open Settings
- Scroll down and touch on Apps
- Find the app you want to change permissions on and touch on the app.
- Scroll down looking for “Permissions” and touch on the link.
- Scroll down the list of permissions and touch on the one you want to change.
- After you touch the permission you want to change, you can touch on “Deny” to change the permission for that item.