Why do I have missing contacts disappeared from my Android phone?
There are a few things that can cause one or more missing contacts to be deleted from your contacts list. If the contact was added from a chat app, or a VOIP app, then you removed the app, that may also delete any contacts that were added from that app. Perhaps you accidently deleted the contact when deleting other contacts. Regardless of why the contact information is missing, you want to recover it.
Find missing contacts from Google Contacts
If you have your contacts stored on the cloud with Google Contacts, you’re in luck as there are some simple ways to recover deleted contacts or find missing contacts.
- Go to a PC and open a browser and type “https://contacts.google.com” (without the quote marks, of course)
- Scroll down the left side menu and click on the Trash link.
- You will see all the deleted or trashed contacts.
- You can recover one at a time by hovering your mouse curser over the name and click on Recover on the right side of the contact.
- You can also recover multiple of contacts by hovering the mouse curser over the name and click on the box to select it. Select multiple contacts, then at the top of the page, click on Recover.
Restore missing contacts from Google Backup
If the missing contact is older than the 30 days that the Trash is held, you also can find the missing contact by doing a restore from Google Backup.
- On your Android phone or tablet, Open Settings
- Scroll down the Settings menu and touch on Google
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Google Services menu and touch Set up & restore
- On the Set up & restore menu, Touch Restore Contacts
- Select Restore
Recover missing contacts from a SIM card
This is not an easy thing to do. If the contact was stored on your SIM card, and now it lost. Your only option is to open Google Play and search for an app that may recover data from a SIM card.