How to fix an Android app that has stopped working. “It was working fine yesterday, but now it won’t open.”
Many things can happen to cause an Android app stop working:
- The app was updated automatically and it isn’t compatible with your version of Android
- Your Android version was automatically updated and the app isn’t compatible with the new version.
- Data for the app has become corrupted.
- The app program file is corrupted.
Android App Stopped Working – How to Fix
Here are some things you can do to try to get the app working again. Try these one at a time, if the first one doesn’t fix the problem, try the next one, then the next one, etc.:
- Restart your phone or tablet – turn it off and back on again, or when turning it off, touch the Restart option.
- Check to see if there is an Android OS update available for your Android device – How to Update Android Phones and Tablets
- Check to see if there is an update available for the app – How to Update Apps on Android Phones and Tablets
- Clear the app’s cache and data – How to Delete Android App Data and Cache
- Uninstall the app, then download and install it again – Uninstall Android Apps; How to Install Android Apps
- If all of the above doesn’t get the app working again, you should contact the App’s Developer, or find a new app that works better.