Disable apps Android
You may want to disable apps that came pre-installed on your Android phone or tablet. Many manufacturers pre-install apps on their phones. Some are useful and some are not. Some of these apps you can uninstall. (Click here to read about how to uninstall or delete an app)
Some pre-installed apps you cannot uninstall, but you should be able to disable the app. First attempt to uninstall the app, that is the most desirable outcome. If the uninstall option doesn’t exist, then you can only live with the app on your phone, or disable the app. If you cannot uninstall or disable the app, then you can hide it. (How to Hide apps on Android)
How to Disable apps on Android?
To disable an Android App, do the following:
- Open Settings
- Touch and open Apps
- Scroll down until you find the app you want to disable and Touch on the app
- Before you disable the app, you should delete any data it has in Storage
- Scroll down and Touch Storage, and then Touch on Clear data, Click on the < arrow on the top left corner to go back.
- In the lower part of the screen, Touch on Disable
- If the Disable option is not available, then this is an app that is critical for other apps to operate correctly. You can then attempt to hide the app.